.

.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Left Hand, Right Hand


So this guy was my second clip "left hand, right hand" and it's from a 1955 movie call, "The Night of the Hunter". The design was a little simple but that's what I like about it. On top you can see the original set made clip that's had some wear and tear and under it is a remake I did not that long ago so I could retire the original and still have one to wear on set. It's one of the first ones where I really tried to fit in some fine detail with the L-O-V-E and H-A-T-E on the hands.


Now the film "The Night of the Hunter" is really something quite unique. First and foremost it's is an amazing film. I 'll never forget the first time I saw it I was blown away by some of the things being done. Hell it opens with a helicopter shot flying into a back yard and this was in 1955. Not only that but it's got some of the most amazing black and white cinematography ever put on celluloid.


Roughly it's the story of a psychopath killer played by Robert Mitchum who takes the guise of a preacher in order to marry a local widow who's children know the location of $10,000 given to them by their recently executed father.  The preacher ends up hunting down the children when they run away from home and it's like something out of "The Terminator". It's an intensely dark and scary film and really worth checking out if you want to see something ahead of it's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment