.

.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Space Coyote


  
  Might as well start at the beginning. This was my first real clip "The Space Coyote". It's not some of my best stuff but, was never really happy with how the coyote came out, but it's one of my favorites and not bad considering it was done on set. This guy came from my favortie episode of the Simpsons titled "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer) ."

  
  In this episode the Simpson family drives to the annual chili cook off. While there Homer eats a Guatemalan insanity pepper and goes on an acid trip where he encounters the Space Coyote.

The Coyote was voiced by Johnny Cash
    The Coyote tells Homer that he is his spirit guide that he must go on a quest to find his soul mate. For some reason this episode always stuck with me, anyways when I had the idea on set to make this one it worked out perfect cause all I had on me was a black vis-a-vis marker and a red sharpie so it worked out perfect. In retrospect I never should used vis-a-vis because while they have a very fine tip and are great for detail work they never really dry out and the slightest scratch or bit of moisture can cause them to smudge as you can see on the clip.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment